Friday, February 03, 2006

A Random Sampling of My Thoughts

I wish I could breakdance. And not just competently, but well. After watching a number of online videos of Korean breakdancers (apparently, they are the best in the world), I've decided that it would be pretty damn cool to be one of them. Not that I'd give up my current life, of course. It's just that of all the possible professions out there, racecar driver and professional breakdancer appeal to me above most others.

$3.50 for iced tea without refills is as close to assaulting the customer as a restaurant can get. If restaurant week taught me anything, it's that it is borderline criminal to charge $25-30 for a lunch entree and at the same time offer iced tea without free refills. I guess I could understand if the beverage were served in pitchers, but it's not -- most of the iced tea glasses I was served over the last two weeks were puny, amounting, on average, to what I'd estimate as not more than 10 ounces. That's not even a soda can's worth.

No comments: