Thursday, March 24, 2005

Time flies...

when you are working on law school assignments.

To ensure that spring break was stress-ful as opposed to stress-free, we were assigned a huge lawyering assignment just prior to the start of the vacation. This project differs from the previous ones in a qualititave way because, at some point in the next few weeks, we are blessed with having to present an oral argument based on our written product to an audience. The one-person audience will either be an attorney, or if you are one of the lucky (unlucky?) ones, an actual judge. Of course, being in Belize, I had access to the best legal research facilities in all of the Western World and spared no expense, monetary or temporal, to take advantage of those resources.

As much as I hoped it would, the argument, known as a brief (trust me, it's anything but), did not write itself while I was in international mode. So, as a 'welcome back' from spring break, I am currently faced with the onerous task of writing it before 5 pm tomorrow. Progress has been made, but the bulk still remains unfinished.

Wish me luck, mon amis. And expect a return to sanity - as well as a post about my tropical excursion - very soon.

No comments: