Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Law School is time consuming.

Here's what I've done lately that is of interest (to no one but me):

- Had steak frites at Les Halles, the restaurant made famous by it's head chef, Anthony Bourdain, author of
Kitchen Confidential and Food Channel host of "A Cook's Tour." For $15, the price is oh so right.

- Ate extraordinary ham sandwiches at Mario Batali's (also on Food Channel) Bar Jamon, which translates, not surprisingly, to 'Ham Bar'. Word to the wise: Thinly sliced ham, fresh bread and manchego cheese makes for good eats when accompanied by red wine from Spain. Also, it may seem bizarre, but cold poached egg with grilled artichoke and garlic-laden tomato paste is also a treat.

- Watched a video-taped interview that a classmate and I conducted for my lawyering class. Few things are more embarrassing than seeing yourself fidget and move about in discomfort for 38 minutes. Lucky for me and my frail ego, we are going to do it again later!!

- Saw Team America with Nathan Lane. Well, I wasn't exactly "with" him, but Chris and I were in the same theater. This I only know because his hearty guffaw was deafening to all those around him, which, in this context, included me even though I was at the other end of the theater. His laugh is LOUD.

Side note: Did you know that everyone's favorite radio host, Phil Hendrie, was the voice of the intelligence-gathering computer in Team America? Actually, unless you drive a truck cross-country and have XM radio, I bet you don't know who he is in the first place. Check out his radio show's website at www.philhendrieshow.com. He does funny voices that will make you laugh like Nathan Lane.


No comments: