Sunday, September 18, 2005

Not such a happy ending

I'm not sure how it happened, but last night my camera lost its will to live. One minute we were taking pictures in Happy Ending and the next it couldn't turn on. I suspected that the battery had run out of juice, but even a fully charged battery cannot force it into operation. Upon closer examination, I found a bit of moisture in the battery compartment, but I'm fairly certain that is from my investigation into the problem last night, not the cause of it.

Canon says that they can resurrect my camera for the substantial sum of $160, but considering I purchased the camera for only $40 more than that, I think I'll just buy another one. Damn, now I can't justify buying an ipod nano.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

which model would this be? thinking of purhasing a canon too.

Andrew said...

SD100. It's a great camera, and has endured quite a bit in it's relatively short life, including fly fishing trips and many a night out at the bars.

There are signs of hope today, as it will now power on for a few seconds at a time. Fingers crossed that it can heal itself and return to full functionality in due time.